Porównaj wszystkie nasze systemy
Indeed, a sustainable future for all, is no light matter. It is our biggest concern and will most certainly continue to be so. And Elfa's ambitions are high. We have taken it up on ourselves to have a positive impact on people, society and planet. These are not just empty words. We take action, and this is how.
We are constantly pressing for fair, healthy, and safe workplaces for Elfa’s employees, as well as for employees at suppliers and partners. We do it, for instance by:
- Striving to maintain highest standards of health and safety of employees
- Embracing diversity and equality
- Zero-tolerance policy regarding all forms of offensive treatment, harassment and discrimination
- Ensuring compliance with Elfa’s Code of Conduct
We take great pride in being an accountable societal actor, contributing to fair trade, supporting human rights and encouraging sustainable consumption. We do it, for instance by:
- Conducting our business in line with the UN Global Compact
- Raising awareness and motivating people to move towards a more sustainable lifestyle
- Making donations to UNICEF and Ronald MacDonald Houses
- Protecting and promoting fair competition and fair dealing
Elfa is strongly committed to take action for the environment and climate. For this, we are
- Aligning with the Paris Agreement. We are specifically conducting lifecycle analysis and calculating our carbon footprint. By this we are able to reduce the climate impact at all stages in our products' lifecycle
- Enabling circularity by developing products durable to last a lifetime, easy to modify, reuse and recycle
- Having an environmental management system in place at our manufacturing sites
With the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), the global community is addressing the most pressing challenges of our time. As proof of Elfa’s commitment to shoulder our share of the global responsibility, Elfa is a signatory to the UN Global Compact. Accordingly, the ten principles of the UN Global Compact are integrated into our business strategy, policies, and procedures.
Signing the UN Global Compact also carries a promise to actively drive awareness and action in support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. And this we do every day, with a particular focus on the three goals that we can impact more: Decent work and economic growth (SDG 8), Responsible consumption and production (SDG 12) and Peace justice and strong institutions (SDG16).
Elfa’s sustainability report from fiscal year 2021, Download PDF
Letter of commitment and reports published on UN Global Compact’s website
Press releases and articles:
At Elfa we aspire to have a positive impact on the society. It’s about our role as a signatory to the UN Global Compact and be an accountable societal actor, contributing to fair trade, supporting human rights and encouraging sustainable consumption.
Our respect for human rights is founded within one of our core values, being humane. It stands for our firm belief in humane values and our appreciation of our differences. We respect each other. We protect and promote equal value and the rights of all people.
Undisputedly, children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world. Regrettably, these self-evident and essential children’s rights are in reality not always respected. To fight this unjust, Elfa makes every year a contribution to support UNICEF in their ever so important work on promoting and defending children’s rights. The donation is not ear-marked to a specific project. Instead, we let UNICEF decide how to use these funds. In February, 2022, Elfa made an additional donation to UNICEF to support their work protecting and promoting the rights of the children in Ukraine.
Elfa is committed to the highest possible standards of openness, integrity and accountability. We take every effort to avoid any improprieties that may result in serious consequences for the company or its employees. However, despite all these efforts malpractice in any part of the business may occur.
Elfa is therefore providing its employees, business partners and third parties with a reporting channel, www.convercent.com, which should be used to report serious improprieties within the company, for example accountancy crimes or bribery crimes.
You may also report a concern by calling, 800-1777-9999, or by writing to Elfa Ethics Council, firstname.lastname@example.org.