Ten storage tips when space is short
Compact living is a new trend, and if you make the most of the room you have, you can store a lot. Smart storage solutions help you keep most things in order!
- If you have a wall-mounted TV, use the walls around it for storage. Some decorative shelves provide space for things such as films, TV games, books and small ornaments.
- And don't forget the space closest to the ceiling! Shelves should not cover an entire wall. Only using a part of the wall for storage can be attractive (and practical).
- Corners are often overlooked as storage surfaces. Why not put a shelf there, and make the corner into a real feature?
- A small shelf over a door frame can be very practical, and provide space for more things than you think. What's more, it can give the feeling of a higher ceiling height.
- Under the bed is the perfect storage space just waiting to be used. Sometimes, we forget to use the most obvious spaces.
- Use the walls in your bathroom. Even if your bathroom is small, a shelf for hand towels, toilet rolls and other items can be very useful.
- Use the back of doors for storage. A kitchen door can act as a spice shelf, storage space or for all those small items that just don't fit anywhere else. You can store things such as small umbrellas, gloves and sunglasses in the hall.
- A room divider can make a small apartment feel big. Use a curtain, a bookshelf or why not a sliding door from Elfa?
- Get a coffee table with built-in storage. For example, you could use a large chest or coffee table with built-in boxes for storage.
- If you need room for a home office, get a desk that you can fold down. You can use the surface for other things when you are not working.